These items are subject to change based on the regulations set by the CDC and DO
1. Per the NYS Education mandate, all students, faculty, staff and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, must wear masks while in the building. Masks will be provided to those who do not have them. If someone has a documented medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask, exceptions may be made.
2. Temperature checks are not being conducted in school. Families are expected to, and are reminded to take their students’ temperatures daily. Anybody who is experiencing a symptom of Covid- 9 is unable to attend school before receiving a negative PCR test.
3. School employees will self-monitor their health daily and affirm their lack of symptoms through an online questionnaire where the responses are kept confidential. If a symptom is present, employees are also required to receive negative Covid- 19 test results prior to returning to school.
4. Students’ desks are set with a distance of at least three feet between them in classrooms. Faculty and staff maintain six feet of social distancing between themselves and students, as well as between faculty and staff who are not fully vaccinated.
5. Students will resume eating lunch in the cafeteria but will use desks spaced six feet apart instead of the group cafeteria tables. Masks will be removed while students are eating and drinking, but should be worn otherwise. Masks should be worn while in the cafeteria line, and students should be spaced three feet apart from each other while in line.
6. Students who are singing or playing woodwind instruments should maintain a distance of six feet between themselves and other students.
7. Proper hygiene and regular hand washing should be practiced and reinforced throughout the day.
8. The building will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day on a daily basis.
9. The administration and nurse will continue to work closely with the Clinton County Health Department, especially as it applies to contact tracing and quarantine rules. Rules will be adjusted to incorporate any new changes or guidelines implemented as the year progresses.
These items are subject to change based on the regulations set by the CDC and DOH
John M. Kanoza, Director of Clinton County Health Department, recently released the following to be shared with Clinton County Schools:
Governor Cuomo and New York State have granted authority to Local Health Departments (LHDs) to require that face masks/coverings be worn by staff and students at ALL TIMES in Public and Private Schools in New York State. Based on this recent update and the fact that face masks/coverings serve to provide effective prevention of Covid-19 spread, School Districts/Schools in Clinton County shall now require that all staff and students wear face masks/coverings at all times when they are in their school.
As a result, masks will be worn whenever more than one person occupies a space – regardless of the distance between individuals. The only time an individual will remove a mask is when they are eating or drinking.
Hello Seton Families,
In an effort to help make exchanging information easier during this difficult time, we have created an email address where you can direct all of your questions regarding the plan that was submitted to the state and the plan for the upcoming school year: email@example.com
Our Reopening Committee will take the emails you send in with questions and use them as talking points for Parent Meetings. We have created 3 separate Parent Zoom Meetings! Pick the date and time that works best for you, follow the link, and join our Q&A style meeting to ask any other questions you may have.
Q&A details along with information that comes from the Parent Meetings will be put on our website, as well, following the meetings.
We know this school year is unlike anything any of us have experienced before and we know you have concerns. We understand completely. We hope you can join us for one of these meetings and we hope you email us with any questions you have!